When: Saturday, February 8th gathering beginning at at 8am (see details below)
Where: Gather near Duke Energy Performing Arts Center,
The NC NAACP along with coalition partners will gather in Raleigh, North Carolina for the 14th Annual Moral March on Raleigh & HKonJ People’s Assembly. The theme of this year’s march is, “When We Vote, We WIN”
8:00 AM | Gather at Duke Energy Performing Arts Center by Shaw University
8:30 AM | Opening Rally Begins
9:45 AM | March Begins
12:30 PM | People’s Assembly Ends
The Moral March continues to bring to the forefront of the public’s mind our Fourteen Point Agenda:
• High quality, constitutional, well-funded and diverse public schools.
• Livable wages and support for low income people
• Health care for all.
• Redress ugly chapters in NC’s racist history.
• Expand and Improve Same Day Registration and public financing of Elections.
• Lift every historically black college and university.
• Document and redress 200 years of state discrimination in hiring and contracting.
• Provide affordable housing and stop consumer abuse.
• Abolish the racially-biased death penalty and mandatory sentencing laws and reform prisons.
• Promote environmental justice.
• Collective Bargaining for public employees and worker safety.
• Protect the rights of immigrants from Latin America and other nations.
• Organize, strengthen and provide funding for our civil rights enforcement agencies and statutes now. And,
• Address unjust wars abroad.
This assembly offers hope to the disenfranchised and serves as a bookmark in our state’s history where thousands of people rally against racial hatred and discrimination. But marches toward a society where all Individuals have equal rights.
For more information please click here.